75% of the emotions we generate are affected by our sense of smell. Next to sight, it is the most important sense we have. * Of all the senses, the sense of smell is the most potent trigger of memory.
* Reference: Martin Linstrom
Dining teams have the ability to enhance the familiar homemade atmosphere for residents, visitors, and families by purposefully engaging the senses of smell, sight, and taste.
Here are a few examples of Strategic’s proven techniques for utilizing the senses to grow census:
- Fresh Bread Baking Program
- Utilize a basic dough recipe
- Create a variety of shapes
- Carve freshly baked bread tableside
- Utilize Fresh Herbs and Fresh Garlic
- Avoid short-cuts, use fresh ingredients
- Sautee herbs and garlic, allow the aroma to fill the dining room
- Fresh, Home-made Baked Goods
- Bake homemade cookies every afternoon
- Bake freshly made muffins or sweet bread to start the day
- Cinnamon is known to enhance memory and joyfulness
- Combine Aromatics and Visuals – enhance the visual, aroma, and flavor…awaken the senses
- Add a Smoking Gun to your culinary toolbox, where there is smoke, there is flavor
- A handheld Smoking Gun produces cold smoke and infuses any kind of food or liquid.
Strategic brings the senses to life for your residents but introducing a variety of cooking techniques, use of fresh products, cooking from scratch, and continuous creative and innovative approaches to enhance the dining experience.
Schedule a conversation with us and learn how Strategic’s dining and hospitality support gives your community the edge when attracting new residents. Training, hands-on support, resources, and leadership can make a big difference!
Request More Information
We look forward to the opportunity to learn more about your community or company and how we might be able to assist you. Please complete the form below and submit it. We will be in touch with you shortly. Thank you for your interest in Strategic Dining Services.