- Avocados – The market is in a crisis due to the labor strike and taken a turn for the worse.
- Blueberries – Low supply and high demand, with weather affecting harvest.
- Grapefruit & Lemons – Grapefruit supplies limited/high demand; smaller lemon supplies are short.
- English Cucumbers – Supply is slowly improving, but still demand exceeds.
- Apples – Small sizes are in an extreme shortage.
- Peppers – Supplies will remain tight on both coasts until GA starts up in a few days with steady supplies by month end.
- Lemons – Supplies are tight due to rain halting the harvest.
- English Cucumbers – Markets are active from heat affecting plants, causing a replant and then a gap. Small sizes are reported.
- Celery – Good condition and low pricing.
- Melons – Good quality fruit from northern CA with about
Tomatoes – Roma & Round – Supply in the East remains tight; Mexico/CA will carry the majority of supply until FL can get started in several weeks. Markets have eased, but remain elevated.
Grapes – Quality of red grapes are very good to excellent; green are very good.
English Cucumbers – Prices are high due to planting gap.
Melons – Quality is good from northern CA, with high sugars and good pressure.
Eggplant – good
Fresh, seasonal ingredients offer an opportunity to create an extraordinary dining experience! Plan your menus around the best fruits and vegetables available at the best prices by checking the latest produce pricing here at Strategic. Our partnership is more than great recipes and techniques, we supply the knowledge of where to get the best product to get your creativity off to a great start.
Check with us for a weekly update on commodities pricing as well as the regional and national news and weather that affect prices. Use these updates to plan purchasing and menu changes that take advantage of the local and national pricing components.
Post Date: November 10, 2013
Overall demand for beef is weak but production is down significantly which is putting upward pressure on prices. Some cuts are experiencing